What Information is Being Collected
- When you sign up to Join Team Shula, MVP All Access Pass, Shula’s 48 Oz. Club and/or download the Shula Burger mobile application, you may provide us with your personal details such as name, street address, city, state, zip, email address, phone number, birth date, gender, zip code and when you joined.
- When you make a purchase from store.donshula.com, we may collect information about your online purchases (i.e. your order details, delivery information, date and time of purchase, amount charged and payment method) and your online browsing behavior and information about the device you used to access our online store such as make, model, operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers. You may also provide us with your personal details such as name, company name, mailing address, city, state, zip, email address, phone number and birthdate.
- When you make an eGift card purchase from donshula.cashstar.com, if you check the box to receive email messages, we may collect your name, email address and date of purchase.
- When you visit shulas.com, we collect information about your online browsing behavior and information about when/where you click within the website. We may also collect information about the device you used to access our website, such as make, model, operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers.
- When you enter any contests, you may provide us with your personal details such as name, city, state, zip email address, phone number, birth date, gender, zip code and date of entry.
- When you make a reservation on OpenTable, if you check the box to receive email messages from the restaurant, you may provide us with personal details such as name, email address and date of visit.
- When you fill out an online form on shulas.com to contact us, you may provide us with your personal details such as name, company name, email address and phone number.
- We may also use personal data from other sources such as specialist companies that supply such information.
Why We Collect This Data
Shula’s uses the information we collect to:
- Process your product orders: We need to process your personal data so that we can provide you with the goods and services that you want to buy and to help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
- Help to develop and improve our product range, service, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you. We rely on the use of personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to improve our information technology systems and our product range, services and stores. This allows us to serve you better as a customer.
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
- Personalize your Shula’s experience: We use your online browsing behavior and purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services. Viewing this data allows us to personalize our offers and services for you. This helps us meet your needs as a customer.
- Provide you with relevant marketing communications relating to our products and services: We want to ensure that we provide you with marketing communications, including online advertising that are relevant to your interests. To achieve this, we also measure your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services that we offer, which allows us to offer you products and services that better meet your needs as a customer. We may also combine personal data we collect when you make purchases with personal data collected from our websites, mobile applications and other sources.
- Contact you in response to your communications.
- Manage promotions and competitions that you participate in.
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities. If we contact you about this, you do not have to take part in these activities. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice. This will not affect your ability to use our products and/or services.
Who Has Access to the Data?
Only those employed by Shula’s Steak Houses, LLLP and Shula Burger, LLP, and certain third-party Service Providers may have access to your customer data. We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share information from or about you with these Service Providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These Service Providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Service Providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels and may place relevant online advertising for our products and services on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advertisement for our products or services while using a particular social media site or browsing the internet.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Provide important features and functionality on our websites and mobile applications, and we use them to improve your customer experience.
- Help us to understand how our websites and mobile applications are being used, for example by telling us if you get an error message as you browse.
- Deliver relevant online advertising that we believe is most relevant to you on our websites and mobile applications.
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and online advertising. Cookies can tell us if you have viewed a specific ad, how long it has been since you have viewed it, which can help control the number of times you are shown an ad.
- Determine if you have opened a marketing e-mail that we have sent to you.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer and/or other device.
Our website and mobile applications are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Updating your Information; Retention
If you are a Shula’s customer in the EU, you have the right to request an explanation of the information that we have about you and how we use that information, or request correction, deletion or copies of your personal data. If you request deletion of your information, please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
You may make such request by writing to:
Shula’s Steak Houses, LLLP and Shula Burger, LLC
3020 NE 32nd Avenue, Suite 274
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Customers outside the EU may also request correction, deletion or copies of their personal data by contacting us at the address or email listed above.
California Privacy Rights
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a notice or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at the address or email listed above.
Portable Document Format
Some documents on the Shula’s website are produced in portable document format (PDF). In order to improve viewing of these files, please download the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is available for free at the Adobe Website. Alternative accessible formats also are provided, where possible, most commonly through a text or an HTML file.